The Zaruka Family
John & Linda Zaruka have been Ventura County residents for thirty-three years and for the last twenty years in Camarillo. After a career as a hotel executive, John and Linda bought the food and beverage concession at the Buenaventura Golf Course. They focused on improving the golf food & beverage services while building a banquet exclusive business called the Wedgewood Banquet Center. By hard work, dedication to the business and community, the Wedgewood became an “institution” in Ventura. John & Linda’s son, Bill, and daughter, Stacy, followed in their parent’s hospitality careers, both graduating from prestigious hospitality universities then eventually joining the family business. Bill is now President and COO of Wedgewood while Stacy does everything at the Sterling Hills Golf Club.
Now known as Wedgewood Weddings, the business consists of forty seven Wedgewoods spread across eight states. In Ventura County, there is a Wedgewood at Sterling Hills and one in the Topa Tower in Oxnard. The Wedgewoods serve nearly one million banquet guests per year and nearly a million golfers at our golf course locations and employ nearly 1300 hospitality workers.
In 2017, John & Linda personally purchased the Sterling Hills Golf Club in their hometown of Camarillo. They have a passion for the golf industry and wanted to preserve public golf in our community. They have initiated improvements and plan to renovate the property to preserve championship golf for future generations of Camarillo and Ventura County golfers.
The Zaruka family is especially proud of their community service and have been recognized for their many efforts which include:
- The Zaruka Family and The Wedgewood have recently been awarded the prestigious “Good Neighbor Award” by the California Restaurant Association for their contributions both locally and state wide.
- All four are Rotary Paul Harris Fellows. John is a Past President and three times has been awarded Rotarian of the Year, including consecutively in 2017 and 2018. Stacy is a very active member and serves as the Rotaract chairperson. Linda was recognized as the first Honorary Member of Ventura South Rotary.
* John is past Vice president of the Ventura Chamber of Commerce.
* Linda is Past President of the local chapter of the National Association of Catering Executives.
* John is an Emeritus member of the California Restaurant Association State Board.
* Awarded Family Business of The Year by the Small Business Administration.
* Recognized as the Outstanding Community Leader of the Year by the Ventura Boys and Girls Club.
* John was selected as one of original Ventura County Star 25 community leaders over 50.
* John was elected to the West Babylon High School Hall of Fame in 2017.
* John was selected as one of Acorn’s Top Ten Leaders in 2017.
John & Linda are well known for contributing time and funds to many organizations in the county including, the Boys & Girls Clubs, FoodShare, Ventura County Libraries, the Turning Point Foundation, the Ventura Botanical Gardens, among many others locally and outside the county borders.